[Asterisk-Users] GSM phones, bluetooth and general happiness

Damjan gdamjan at mail.net.mk
Fri Sep 24 15:06:47 MST 2004

> ON: Why would one prefer bluetooth over wires if one still needs a
> serial cable to send AT commands?

You can send AT commands via BT too... while sending audio.
BT is a great standard.

> For an incomming call, GSM to
> GSM-Asterisk it would make sense, but I never saw a bluetooth headset
> device with keypad.

We are talking of using the GSM mobile to bring calls to your private
home phone network... probably SIP based.

GSM-mobile <--bt--> Asterisk-with-BT-dongle <--ethernet--> \
                                      SIP-phones-inside-all-of-your-house

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID --> damjan at bagra.net.mk <-- not my mail address!!!