[Asterisk-Users] GSM phones, bluetooth and general happiness

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 24 14:46:13 MST 2004

Jay Milk wrote:
> That's exactly it!  The asterisk box acts as a handset for the phone and
> uses AT-commands for call-origination and progress.

OFF: Although the reversed thing, having a console with a bluetooth
headset would also sounds very ok.

ON: Why would one prefer bluetooth over wires if one still needs a
serial cable to send AT commands? For an incomming call, GSM to
GSM-Asterisk it would make sense, but I never saw a bluetooth headset
device with keypad. Probably not only a bluetooth API should be looked
at moreover the to be used Cellphones API.

Stefan de Konink