[Asterisk-Users] Local Outbound Calls on PRI

Paul Oster paulmoster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 08:06:06 MST 2004

I'm in the process of turning up a PRI in one of my markets and have
run into a problem I have never seen before.  I am unable to place a
local outgoing call.  Long Distance over the same PRI works fine.

When I attempt to place a local call using the PRI I see Asterisk
attempt to dial, and am greeted with a busy signal.  This signal
appears to originate on the telco's switch.

I have had a central office tech from the CLEC insert a monitor in the
distribution point on the switch and observe call flow.  According to
the tech call flow appears proper, and he was able to tell me the
number I was calling from and the number I attempted to dial.

He then placed a PRI test-set at the distribution point in the switch
and successfully made and terminated a variety of calls from that
point.

He then took the PRI test set out to my physical location and did the
same test, made and received local and long distance calls on one of
my trunks.

After thinking about this last night I decided to re-update my
Asterisk installation to the latest bleeding edge CVS version and
re-test from my test extension with the exact same results.  I
successfully make long distance calls, successfully receive any calls,
but the local calls originated from the SIP phone (SNOM200 and
Mediatrix2102) fail with a busy signal that seems to originate from
the CLEC's switch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Paul