[Asterisk-Users] No sound into asterisk???

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Sep 24 07:52:47 MST 2004

Hi -

I think I might have seen this problem on the list before, so I'm sorry
if this is a duplicate, but I couldn't find it when searching through
the archive....

I'm just setting up a new machine with asterisk.  It's a RH9 box, and
I've tried the RC2 tarball, the 1.0 CVS and the 1.0 RPM's from nacs.net
(thanks).  My config is basically the sample barebones sip setup from
the O'Reilly site (onlamp.com).  The exact problem is that I can get
sound out of asterisk to my sip extensions, but asterisk is not able to
get any sound from the sip devices.  The console error I get is:

Sep 24 09:33:03 WARNING[1111635520]: app.c:599 ast_play_and_record: No
audio available on SIP/04-e2f4??
     -- User hung up

I've only tried soft phones so far, but I have tried several different
ones, and all of them seem to have the same problem.  I'm pretty sure
the problem is with my * config, or some missing libraries on my
server.  Other than that, I'm clueless.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Noah