[Asterisk-Users] Re: IAXTel and Telesthetic

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Fri Sep 24 06:56:36 MST 2004

On 23/09/04 16:57 -0700, Dan Clark wrote:
>    I'm trying to run some inbound test to my Asterisk box using Telesthetic's
>    gateway in MI to my GNU/IAXtel account.
>
>    Am I missing something?  I set up my user account on the GNUPhonne site,
>    configured Asterisk to talk to IAXTel.  * registers fine.  In fact I can
>    make calls to other test users.  I haven't tried having someone call my
>    number.
>
>    When I call into Telesthetic's exchange it answers, tells me "transferring
>    to VOIP", I enter my number 1-700-, 1 second later I'm back at the VOIP
>    prompt.  If I leave of the 700 I get a response stating the user is
>    offline.
>
>    I tried a few other numbers that people had publish and the results were
>    similar.
>
>    thanks in advance,
>    Dan

Hi Dan,

I had the same problem when I tried calling myslef via IAX also. I
contacted telesthetic and they said they would look into it (they
thought that it was iaxtel's fault). I waited a couple of weeks and
tried again to no avail. I gave up trying telesthetic/Iaxtel.

Telesthetic does work with FWD. I've tried this myself and it does
work even using FWD's IAX services.

Cheers,
Jason Stewart