[Asterisk-Users] GSM phones, bluetooth and general happiness

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Thu Sep 23 16:14:11 MST 2004

Hi,

there is already iax softphone called diax
(http://www.laser.com/dante/diax/diax.html) that can be controlled over
bluetooth on some phones. The thing that is missing is to be able to use
cellular as audio device for softphone (I'm doing this with paired bluetooth
headset - but that is not proper solution).

We already have Audio gateway bluetooth profile that allows redirection from
cellular to PCs sound card, but we would need same in opposite direction -
to use cellular as PCs soundcard on softphone application.

I just wish that bluetooth (headset) support under Linux is better...

Regards,

Robert.