[Asterisk-Users] app_valetparking / parking in general

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Thu Sep 23 16:12:51 MST 2004

Jeff Pyle wrote:
> I've experienced this problem, too.  I've gotten MOH to work with
> parking two ways.  One, using # transfer inside asterisk.  Two, using
> a true SIP blind transfer.  A SIP consultative transfer (such as the
> one my Polycom IP 500 does) causes the problem you describe.
>
> I eventually enabled the # asterisk transfer to take the client out of
> it all together.

Using sip blind transfer makes no difference in my tests.  I'll have to
test # transfer, but after looking at the code for app_valetparking, I
don't believe it will work regardless, unless I'm reading everything in
ast_masq_valetpark_call backwords, it seems as though the musicclass
variable member is not copied from the original channel to the
masq/clone, thus MOH doesn't work.  I'm putting together a test
environment right now.  I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

As for normal * parking working with MOH, I cannot be sure if I tested
sip blind to * parkandannounce (using callback setting) or not, but I
think I did.  I've tested so many configurations right now that I
honestly cannot say if I have or not.

I'm also looking into exposing some chan_sip.c internals to the dial
plan so you can _see_ (from the dialplan) the difference between a
'transfer' and an ordinary call.  From looking at the code to chan_sip.c
this looks very possible, again, I'll keep everyone posted.  Is there a
reason why some of the internal variables of chan_sip.c (REFFED-BY, and
REFER-TO are key ones, as well as the determination between blind and
attended transfers) are not already shared with the dialplan?

I realize this is becoming a -dev topic, and I'll move it there for
further discussion about code (non dialplan) changes.

Thanks,
Chris