[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960G, SIP, NAT, Qualify and Unreachable

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu Sep 23 13:33:45 MST 2004

Hey,
 I just started trying to use the qualify=yes option on my Cisco 7960 SIP
phones. Of the 13 I have, 2 of them seem to loose their registration with
asterisk on a regular basis. I see lots of these lines:

-- Registered SIP '3030' at 62.74.107.1 port 58825 expires 60

in my console. But I only see them for 2 extensions. Never see them for the
other 11. All 13 phones have the exact same configuration with the exception
of the extension number in sip.conf and on the phone itself.

I have no idea why these 2 phones refuse to stay constantly connected like
the others.

So I am trying to use 'qualify' to get * to "ping" them to keep them
registered/connected.

I tested it on my phone which is not one of the 2. As soon as I reloaded
sip.conf, I got this:

NOTICE[1087584960]: Peer '3044' is now UNREACHABLE!

And 'sip show peers' shows:

3044/matthew304  62.74.107.1      D   N      255.255.255.255  44854
UNREACHABLE

and calls to that phone get pushed to the 'unreachable' category in my
dialplan.

Its been like that for the past 20 min. Why isn't anything happening?
Should't I be getting some notice every 2 seconds (the qualify default) that
something is happening?

Thanks,
Matthew