[Asterisk-Users] Meetme

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Thu Sep 23 04:25:21 MST 2004

On Sep 22, 2004, at 8:30 PM, Patrick wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 20:06, Steve Kann wrote:
>> Try app_conference.  In this configuration, you should be able to
>> handle 200++ users without problems.  It's ideal for this kind of
>> thing.
>>
>> (it's located in iaxclient CVS at iaxclient.sf.net).
>>
>> -SteveK
>>

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the tip. Can you please explain what the "SILDET" variable
> means in the Makefile? I do not understand what the "0 = OFF 1 = astdsp
> 2 = speex" means. Thank you and kapejod for your contibution.

This determines at compile time what kind of silence detection to
include.

For scalability, you probably don't want to use silence detection
anyway, but it can be used if your input isn't already using silence
detection, (at least speex silence detection) is more expensive than
actually mixing channels.  (we need it, though, because we monitor the
conference via the mgmt interface, and need to know who is talking and
who is not.

I don't think it's in the Wiki, and it's not really documented;  We've
talked about it a bit on iaxclient-devel mailing list; If someone wants
to document it on the Wiki (or contribute a simple doc), that would
help people, and also it might be interesting to see it benchmarked
against meetme.  It has somewhat different goals than meetme, and in
those specific cases, should scale better.

-SteveK