[Asterisk-Users] Meetme

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Sep 22 17:35:20 MST 2004

On 23 Sep 2004 at 2:30, Patrick wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 20:06, Steve Kann wrote:
> > Try app_conference.  In this configuration, you should be able to
> > handle 200++ users without problems.  It's ideal for this kind of
> > thing.
> >
> > (it's located in iaxclient CVS at iaxclient.sf.net).
> >
> > -SteveK
> >

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the tip. Can you please explain what the "SILDET" variable
> means in the Makefile? I do not understand what the "0 = OFF 1 =
> astdsp 2 = speex" means. Thank you and kapejod for your contibution.

I guess it's silence detection.  Off is self explanatory, astdsp
would be Asterisk DSP (i.e. Asterisk detects) and speex is a codec,
so I'm guessing it's got silence detection built in and this can also
be chosen.  I'd probably start with Asterisk DSP.

Cheers,

Matt Riddell
http://www.sineapps.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News - html)
http://www.sineapps.com/rssfeed.php (Daily Asterisk News - rss)