[Asterisk-Users] Transfering incoming calls using same line

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Wed Sep 22 16:55:15 MST 2004

Jon Miron wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Wondering if this is possible..  Incoming call is
> answered through X100P, then an extension is dialed
> using the same X100P card.  Basically I want to dial
> in, enter 9 + <phone#> and have it do a flash then
> have it dial *08 <the same phone number> + # on the
> same PSTN line to have it transfer my call to another
> phone number.  I realize this isn't very safe, but I
> would like to be able to make long distance calls to
> any number while I'm out with my cell phone so I want
> to take advantage of my free LD package on my PSTN
> line.  Thanks in advance!

Well, the X100P is a single-span FXO interface, meaning it can only ever
have one incoming PSTN line attached to it. And this would be the same
as your using your regular phone -- if you're already talking on the
line to someone, you can't very well make another phone call on the same
line without hanging up the first call.

So you will not be able to do what you're talking about here. Perhaps
you should look into getting Digium's TDM400P in a 1 FXO and 1 FXS
module. And you'd also need to have two separate PSTN lines.

The "programming logic" that you talk about here certainly can be done
with the * dialplan. Just the physical aspects that need addressing.

Cheers.