[Asterisk-Users] Linksys PAP2-NA Update

Brandon Patterson (peering) siptech at livevoip.com
Wed Sep 22 12:47:42 MST 2004

Ok guys here is the deal. Someone decided that the boxes were shipped to
soon. Alright, whatever. Now we are told that Linksys will have a program
where you must be certifed as an ISP or VOIP company in order to purchase
the box. Call as many dist. as you like but, selling the box after being
told not to; will only get the dist. in trouble. So Linksys / Cisco now
decides who is an Internet Service Provider? Speaking for myself this is
real bullshit. As to why its being down? Power & Control. Cisco seems to
forget just who the hell made them as big as they are. Our company has made
it clear to Cisco, not Linksys that there will always be other suppliers.
Many of you will remember when SCO wanted you to get certified on Unix just
because they needed extra cash. Or when Compaq wanted people approved and so
on..... the market demands this type of item. Others besides Linksys will
build it. Leadtek offers a unit we use and the support is excellent. Its
more money but I doubt that Leadtek or others will just sit by. The cash is
there, the boom is on... Let the band play!

Brandon