[Asterisk-Users] Red Alarm on X100P

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 12:27:25 MST 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:13:58 -0500, Bob Klepfer <bob at photon-x.com> wrote:

> 3) It could be the motherboard.  We're on the cheap here and used
> available components to make our server...worked fine with two x100's,
> then the boss wanted another line.  Once I got the damn thing to accept
> them all on different IRQs, two would red alarm nearly every night at
> random times.  Calling in on those lines, though the calls wouldn't
> answer, would clear the alarms.  After trying various * and zaptel
> versions, I replaced the mobo with an older dual P3 I had.  Either the
> slots were getting more power or something else in the mix fixed it.
> Don't care -  it works and I have other things to worry about.
>
> Best,
> Bob

I had a lot of red alarm problems on an Athlon 900 with VIA686 pci
controller, and on a Tyan Tiger with dual Athlon MP 1400Mhz with an
AMD pci controller. Lots of people stated that the VIA pci controller
wasn't good... I didn't see complaints about AMD controllers, but I
moved to an intel machine (with intel pci controller) and never got
the problem again. It's up without module reloading or machine reboot
for 8 days, and not a single red alarm.

Marconi.