[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk(OS X) & X-Lite

Wed Sep 22 09:08:54 MST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:50:57 -0400, Kenton Powell <kpowell1 at sva.edu> wrote:
> I am trying to setup the Asterisk server
> and softphone on the same machine with the hope of extending extensions
> to other computers or phones after I test the configuration.

OK. Now, it is not impossible to run both the client and server on the
same machine, but it is a little tricky and requires special settings.
This is not covered by the Extension Assistant.

You may want to check the Wiki page I have set up explaining how to do this:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Localhost+Gateway

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.