[Asterisk-Users] Uniden uip200

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Tue Sep 21 21:44:34 MST 2004

Lyle,

If you are behind NAT, and * isn't, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.

According to Uniden, STUN support is a "Feature Under Development".

To furthur complicate things for you, the UIP200 currently does not
respond (at all) to an INVITE that has 'rport' in the SIP Via field.  In
other words, unless you want to tweak * source code, you have to use
nat=never in your sip.conf.
More info here:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001935

BS4.59a is the latest firmware.

Your best bet is to call Uniden support and open a ticket with them.  I
think i heard that the next firmware version is coming out mid-Oct ...
if your lucky, that firmware will better support your environment.

Ryan