[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk(OS X) & X-Lite

Tue Sep 21 19:55:02 MST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:54:12 -0500, Joe Woss <jkwoss at gmail.com> wrote:
> > X-Lite configuration:
> > Menu | System Settings | SIP Proxy | default
> > Display Name: Full Name
> > User Name & Authorization User: <username>
> > Password: <secret>
> > Domain/Realm: x.x.x.x
> > SIP Proxy: x.x.x.x
> >
> This is from the sip.conf file in /etc/asterisk/

No, this is not sip.conf, it is from X-Lite's settings.

> you must specify an entry for the user you are trying to connect as.
> Look at the voip-info.org Wiki for help on sip.conf

On MacOSX you can do this without editing configuration files. And in
fact, he said he was using the Assistants (GUI based configuration
tools for Asterisk) to configure Asterisk.

The FWD Assistant configures Asterisk to use IAX. The Extension
Assistant lets the user choose whether to use SIP or IAX or both.
These Assistants have been used by many Mac users with success. It is
very unlikely that his problem is with the Asterisk configuration.
>From experience and user feedback, I'd say the problem is with X-Lite.

> You can email me personally for more help after you've read the wiki.

Please keep in mind that the configlets created by the assistants have
been tested extensively and that making significant changes in these
configlets may cause other assistants to not properly recognise the
existing configuration.

However, if you do find any bugs or inconsistencies, please let me
know, cause I am the author.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.