[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7905G

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Sep 21 16:42:11 MST 2004

--On Tuesday, September 21, 2004 15:58 -0700 "Wiley E. Siler"
<wsiler at e2020inc.com> wrote:

> A completely valid point you make...
>
> Just remember to multiply that 8 dollars times the number of phones
> times the number of years you need to have them in service....
> Extend that to the other Cisco items you need to maintain and purchase
> and the costs keeps rising....
> Mine is just a simple observation regarding the costs of being a Cisco
> customer.
>
> Like I said, it is about preference and budgeting...
> Even if I only save $300 dollars a year from using alternatives to Cisco
> in my enterpise (switches, firewalls, phones, etc), it is still $300.
> Usually, the $ saved from finding comparable products at lower prices
> also benefit my overall budget since Cisco tends to be a premium price.
>
> Like I said... I won't disparage Cisco products in any way.  They are
> barring none, some of the best out there.
> I just prefer a different licensing model for my enterprise and find
> that I can get comparable performance by alternatives.
> If anyone has the budget and desire, they would be well served by any
> Cisco product they purchase.
>
> It is just not my choice...  Thus my disclaimer in the footer of the
> last post.

Ohhno, I'm not grilling you or anything Wiley, just pointing out that for
many orgs the $8/mo wouldn't be too bad considering the level of support
they'd receive.  For some it's not worth it, and that's totally
understandable.  We each have our own priorities to consider.  I simply
wanted to mention the actual cost involved in case anyone thought that it
was some really absurd per-phone price.

My biggest problem still remains finding competent resellers where I can
buy the phones from.