[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk , ISA Firewall/VPN , STUN and other issues

Wiley E. Siler wsiler at e2020inc.com
Tue Sep 21 14:54:33 MST 2004

I use my XLite softphone from my Win XP box over VPN to my Cisco PIX
with no issues so this can be done.
How that works for an ISA box is unknown to me.  I dumped ISA several
years ago do to it's (IMHO) unpredictability and low performance.
Are you using the built in VPN of WinXP or an ISA Client ?

Phones are very preferential.  Grandstream and SNOM make some good cheap
phones if presentation is not an issue.
I personally prefer Polycom IP300 and IP500 for ease of use and
features.  IP300 can be had for $135 on eBay.
Some like Cisco though the Cisco licensing model irritates me to no end
and I refuse to use them for anything other than firewall/router at this
time.

Cheers,
Wiley

  _____