[Asterisk-Users] cvs stable

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Tue Sep 21 10:04:13 MST 2004

Michael Bielicki wrote:
> Stable seized to exist quite some time ago.

To expand on  Michael's answer, stable wasn't being kept up to date like
it should have been, so the statement "get the latest stable version"
became "get the latest cvs version" as the standard answer for resolving
people's issues/bugs in asterisk.

Without enough effort being directed at stable, it was not really worth
calling stable, so it was dropped.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as of this writing, there are no
specific revisions that you can point to with known this works/this
doesn't work lists for asterisk. You can pull cvs as of right now, or
from any point in time, but that's about it.

As I understand it, there is a push in progress for a true 1.0 release.

Hopefully, it will be properly maintained for bugfix'es by digium, or
the best answer might be copying the release, whenever it happens, to
someone else's cvs and having the developer community that's interested
in doing it fix the bugs there.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/