[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail forward to a remote server?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Tue Sep 21 09:03:41 MST 2004

Agreed, however these rely on foreknowledge of the remote end configuration
and are non-transactional. I was thinking more along the lines of VPIM
(http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22Voice+Profile+for+Internet+Mail).

Consider a large-scale private networking scenario - it would be very nice
to have a fall back voicemail system running on the PSTN/Private Network
bridges that, in the event of a transport network or remote end outage,
could catch targeted incoming calls with a generic message, record a
voicemail and then pass it off to be delivered by some other existing
infrastructure. Ie. Large volumes of SMTP mail can be delivered in
circumstances where RTP protocols would be rendered useless such as over a
congested, temporary consumer-grade satellite connection.

{clip}