[Asterisk-Users] ZAP problem / Strange State

Brent Franks mwless at mindworks.net
Tue Sep 21 08:53:46 MST 2004

Hello,

I am receiving an error in my error logs any time I receive a call on
the third line in our hunt group.

Sep 20 13:15:03 WARNING[1116939584]: Ring/Off-hook in strange state 6 on
channel 3

The weird part is that the calls seem to work fine, just this error
message is logged.  Currently, I have a T100P connected to an Adtran TA
750.  I have punched down the lines again, reversed TIP and RING, and
still the same result.  Additionally, I was seeing the same exact error
on a different T100P connected to an Carrier Access ADIT 600.

There are no errors whenever it is an outgoing call.

No CallerID on the line, No Distinctive Ringing, etc?

I searched for this, and found some posts but there are no follow ups
offering resolution.

Does anyone know what this means or know how to resolve?

Thanks!

Brent D. Franks
Mindworks Internet Services