[Asterisk-Users] Re: 1 extension entry for multiple purposes?

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at eunetnorge.no
Tue Sep 21 08:25:53 MST 2004

"Matthew Boehm" <mboehm at cytelcom.com> writes:

> Do you see how you had to put 2 SetCIDNum entries for 2 seperate
> dial-out numbers? Why can I not make 1 SetCIDNum entry for all
> outgoing numbers below it like I tried to do with the 's' extension?

You can, you just did it the wrong way.  ;-)

> Is it possible to have 1 SetCIDNum line for all outgoing calls?

Yup.  Here's one way:

[outgoing-init]
exten => _X.,1,SetCIDNum(2124333344)
exten => _X.,2,Goto(outgoing-doit,${EXTEN},1)

[outgoing-doit]
exten => _9212XXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@<some router>,15,tr)
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@<another router>,15,tr)

[outgoing]
include => outgoing-init

Then place your calls in the "outgoing" context.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway Hosting
www.eunet.no  T +47-22092958 M +47-93013940 F +47-22092901 FWD 484145