[Asterisk-Users] SER + Asterisk

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 08:24:29 MST 2004

Hi there,

I've seen people using SER with Asterisk. I took a look at SER
website, and I didn't see the point in using it, since Asterisk
already handles SIP very well (apparently, at least).

But, as I'm starting, and some of you (more experienced) use it, I
know that there's something there... So I would like to know why to
use SER. Is it because of scalability, performance, easier
administration, or what? And, if it is better, then why to use
Asterisk with it? Is it because of PSTN and/or IAX2 access, or the
voicemail, IVR, meetme and such?

Thanks,
Marconi.