[Asterisk-Users] X100p on VIA EPIA-V problems

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 15:14:58 MST 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:29:16 -0500, Andy <akgmartinns at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Everything works perfectly, except for the following problem:
> Sporadically -- about once in 6 hrs, Asterisk reports a "Red Alarm" from
> the X100p.  Thereafter, the X100p no longer works -- no outgoing calls
> can be placed; no incoming calls answered.
> The problem can be cleared in one of two ways - the phone line can be
> unplugged and plugged back in again, or asterisk can be shut down, the
> zaptel module uloaded from the kernel, and then reloaded.

I had the same problem in an Athlon 900Mhz, with a MSI MoBo. Tried
Linux 2.4 and 2.6... Then I changed to a dual Athlon MP 1400Mhz on a
Tyan Tiger MoBo. Same problem...

Then I moved to a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz, (I can check later, but I'm almost
sure it's an Asus MB). It's up and running for 5 days without any
problems (or module reloading, or reboot). I also replaced the phone
wires with newer ones, but I don't believe that was causing the Red
Alarm problem. This week, I'll hook up the old cable just to make
sure, but I did read other people complaining about problems on AMD
based systems, and also reporting 100% ok on Intel based... I'm not
happy about this, but life isn't fair.

Regards,
Marconi.