[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] X100p on VIA EPIA-V problems

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Sep 19 11:59:52 MST 2004

> I'm running Asterisk on my (new) VIA EPIA-V motherboard.
> This seems to be the ideal platform for a home version of asterisk - its
> small, quiet, low power, and should have plenty of computing horsepower
> if only it would work!
>
> I'm running Redhat 9, Kernel 2.4.20-8, and Asterisk from
> CVS-HEAD-07/07/04-21:01:10
> The phones in my house talk to asterisk via  a Sipura SPA-2000.
> I have a X100p card (not from Digium, I regret, but one of the "OEM"
> cards sold by Diginetworks).  Here' is a snipit from the boot log:

I've been told very recently by a self-proclaimed linux expert (who
happens to be involved with selling systems and motherboards, including
the VIA) the VIA boards have a terrible PCI bus implementation that
has caused lots of problems. The 'expert' has been involved with linux
for years, is involved rather heavily in various audio apps, but
has zero experience with asterisk.

I don't have any experience at all with the VIA, so have no factual
knowledge or experience. Simply passing on what I was told when I
talked to him about a replacement motherboard.