[Asterisk-Users] Timing source on SMP system - Disable RTC for zaprtc

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Sun Sep 19 13:29:13 MST 2004

Chad Brown wrote:
> Does anyone know where to disable rtc support on redhat 9.0 using make
> menuconfig?
>
> I thought I disabled it but still got the following error when trying to
> make zaprtc:
>
> zaprtc.c:109: storage size of `rtc_irq_timer' isn't known
> zaprtc.c:719: storage size of `rtc_fops' isn't known
> zaprtc.c:107: warning: `DECLARE_WAIT_QUEUE_HEAD' declared `static' but
> never defined
> make: *** [zaprtc.o] Error 1
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chad

Chad,

	Real time clock under character devices in make menuconfig.  I just did
this on RHEL 3 WS (my laptop), so it should be similar.  Also, good luck
with this on an SMP box, because many people (on the list and elsewhere)
can tell you that it is certainly not an optimal solution.  If you have
an SMP box, and want to do conferencing, buy some Digium hardware!

--
Kristian Kielhofner