[Asterisk-Users] English vs American voice files

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Sun Sep 19 06:11:56 MST 2004

Erm, didn't think of that. Stupidly I deleted the individual wav files.

Not a problem though as I have the 3 master files that I recorded them all
into. I'll just have to slice it up again. That'll be a few days as I've
got family arriving today.

Mark

Linus Surguy said:
>> I've spent the afternoon recording all the files for the English
>> speaking
>> VM etc. I've parked the file here http://www.g7ltt.com/VoIP/vmukmale.tgz
>>
>> I did it with Audacity at 44.1KHz x 16bit and thenused sox to raise the
>> levels to -3db and then again to down sample them into 8KHz GSM files.
>> The
>> few that I've listened to sound fine.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> If you're going to publish these for public use it would be great if you
> could make them available in two versions, both the Asterisk 'standard'
> .gsm
> format, but also either in 8KHz/8bit/alaw raw or wav and/or 32Kbit ADPCM
> format - these do give a noticable increase in quality for local/PSTN
> users
> of telephony applications over GSM format. Either that, or if you could
> make
> the original 44.1K 16bit masters available so others could create the
> alternatives.
>
> Unfortunatly *'s ability to play these cleanly seems a bit broken at the
> moment, but at least we'll have them for when its fixed!
>
> Linus

Mark Phillips, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com/