[Asterisk-Users] [OT^2]: Getting at the fan on an IBM Thinkpad 600E Laptop?

Ray maillists at sonictech.net
Sun Sep 19 02:36:30 MST 2004

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 02:53:52AM -0500, Brian Capouch wrote:
> Moving everything right now would be draconian, yet I can't take a
> chance on a no-boot while at the show.  Does anyone know how bad a job
> it is to dig into one of these units and clean up/oil/whatever the fan?

Not off hand but IBM has maintence manuals with complete dis-assembly
instructions on their site.  Normally on laptops getting at the fan isn't
that hard but if it needs replacing rather than just a bit of oil you might
find getting the correct part for a reasonable price a bit of a challange.

--
Ray