[Asterisk-Users] [OT^2]: Getting at the fan on an IBM Thinkpad 600E Laptop?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Sep 19 00:53:52 MST 2004

I'm doing a tutorial at Astricon and the plan is to use my laptop as a
demo server.  Today it failed to boot and after a bit of sleuthing it
turns out the fan is sticking from time to time on bootup.  Apparently
there is a sensor and if no spin, no go.

Moving everything right now would be draconian, yet I can't take a
chance on a no-boot while at the show.  Does anyone know how bad a job
it is to dig into one of these units and clean up/oil/whatever the fan?

Thx, and sorry for the OT.

B.