[Asterisk-Users] 13 sec. delay what is causing it?

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Sat Sep 18 15:21:56 MST 2004

Perfectly normal.  On analog lines, the caller id is set between the 1st and
2nd rings.  So Asterisk has to wait for the caller id and depending on the
speed of the computer that hosts Asterisk, 13 seconds is exactly right.  A
normal ring cycle is 2 secs ring on 4 seconds of silence, so the 2nd ring is
12 seconds into the call.

I just put in a nice Asus motherboard with a 500 mhz front side bus, 2.4 gig
AMD processor & 512 meg ram for the pbx here and I get the first ring on the
extensions at the same time as the second ring on the incoming ring.  I was
testing and trialing on a celeron 1.4ghz machine with 256 meg ram and the
video borrowed some of the system ram.  The analog extensions were not
ringing until the third incoming ring on that slow machine.

Lyle