[Asterisk-Users] Background() command

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Fri Sep 17 18:58:01 MST 2004

On 17 Sep 2004 at 16:52, Paul Penrod wrote:

> 1. The number is answered and the demo-congrats file plays.
> 2. No matter what button I press on the phone, the file continues to
> play and recycle when it's done.

What you could do is debug <channel name> in the asterisk console one
the call has come in (just use the tab key to find the channel once
the call is up and after typing debug - i.e. debug <tabkey>).

Then you should be presented with a message whenever a DTMF tone is
received.

I would say that maybe you are using a compressed codec with inband
DTMF signalling maybe?

Matt Riddell
(New Zealand Digium Distribution/Custom Software)
http://www.sineapps.com/contact.php (contact us)
http://www.sineapps.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News)