[Asterisk-Users] Background() command

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Fri Sep 17 18:23:24 MST 2004

Here's how I handle your situation and it works just fine:

[usersmenu]
exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5 ;set digit timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,10 ; Set Response Timeoute to 10 sec
exten => s,3,Background(usermenuopts) ; Press 1 for lyle, 2 for Adam, 3 for
Lois or timeout to next step
exten => s,4,Voicemail(u110); Drop into general vm for LCR

exten => 1,1,Voicemail(u101)
exten => 2,1,Voicemail(u103)
exten => 3,1,Voicemail(u102)
exten => 4,1,Voicemail(u110)
exten => 0,1,Goto(usersmenu,s,1)

Allthough I finish differently, hitting 1,2,3,4,0 or any valid extension
during the background works just fine.

Lyle