[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk forum created http://ASTERISK.XVOIP.COM

Administrator admin at xvoip.com
Fri Sep 17 11:17:14 MST 2004

well, asterisk unofficial forums are online since Nov 2003.
http://asterisk.xvoip.com

We have 500 registered members as of today and forum is alive.
About 1000 uniqe visitors are hiting forum everyday.

We will post link to your forums to provide users with more info.

http://asterisk.xvoip.com

I agree, the Wiki is Step #1 for any Asterisk user.  The Wiki is a
great
reference, but you will always have people who need help.  As much as
us
"techies" and Linux-gurus love to say READ-THE-F-in-Manual (RTFM), we
shouldn't "shun" people away from asking for help via a forum.

A reference guide or any documentation will never be 100% complete.

The Wiki and any forum are two different animals. In my opinion, you'll
never answer every single question in the Wiki. If you tried, it would
probably become too unwieldy at that point or too long for any sane
person to read it all. As much as we gripe about it, it's human nature
to want to ask for help rather than spending time to find the answer
themselves.

I'm sure we all have used some sort of technical forum to ask a
question
at some point, and had our problem solved, so forums do have some
value.