[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk forum created

Tom Keating TKEATING at tmcnet.com
Fri Sep 17 10:54:49 MST 2004

I agree, the Wiki is Step #1 for any Asterisk user.  The Wiki is a great
reference, but you will always have people who need help.  As much as us
"techies" and Linux-gurus love to say READ-THE-F-in-Manual (RTFM), we
shouldn't "shun" people away from asking for help via a forum.

A reference guide or any documentation will never be 100% complete.

The Wiki and any forum are two different animals. In my opinion, you'll
never answer every single question in the Wiki. If you tried, it would
probably become too unwieldy at that point or too long for any sane
person to read it all. As much as we gripe about it, it's human nature
to want to ask for help rather than spending time to find the answer
themselves.

I'm sure we all have used some sort of technical forum to ask a question
at some point, and had our problem solved, so forums do have some value.