[Asterisk-Users] Re: Fw: Asterisk R2 Signaling

Chris Ziomkowski cziom at jsg.co.th
Fri Sep 17 10:48:38 MST 2004

I did quite a bit of work on this library about a year ago. In the end, I
abandoned it because the project went belly up.

I can tell you this much....

MFC-R2 for Argentina is the default configuration and looked fairly well
supported in the source code. I, of course. couldn't check it because I'm
not in Argentina, but my guess is it would probably work with only minor if
any modifications.

The big drawback however is that it only works for incoming calls. If you
want to do outbound, forget it. I had to write the outbound dialing
routines from scratch.

So, if you're looking for inbound IVR type stuff and you are in Argentina,
I would recommend getting the MFC library from Mark. It is available but
not advertised in the CVS tree. He put it in there for me last year.

You can probably make it work with not a lot of effort, but it does take
some coaxing to get it to compile. I wouldn't try it without having someone
around who is a pretty good developer to help you through the rough spots.

Good luck and let us know how this turns out for you.

Chris Ziomkowski