[Asterisk-Users] Failed to authenticate on INVITE

Whisker, Peter Peter.Whisker at logicacmg.com
Fri Sep 17 06:39:31 MST 2004

I am getting this also.

I am trying to get Asterisk to talk similarly to BT Communicator to the BT
server. I can register but then the INVITE fails.

BT are mixed up with their domains (in fact in the INVITE their software has
a To: header with <number>@domain1 and an auth URI referencing
<number>@domain2. The realm is domain1.) This can't be done in Asterisk
where it is consistent about the URI.

I had been blaming this, but if you are having problems too...

I get the standard 407 header requesting Proxy Auth for the call. Asterisk
submits the INVITE with auth and after the usual "Trying" I just get another
407. I have traces of Asterisk and the client which works and they seem so
similar in what they do. I have made all the port ranges the same too. BT
Communicator fails if you use port 5060 for the SIP client - they use 5052.

Peter