[Asterisk-Users] Silently Wait for DTMF Input

asterisk at bortal.de asterisk at bortal.de
Fri Sep 17 04:55:50 MST 2004

> asterisk at bortal.de wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I would like to call a number (e.g.35), and when i press a secret code
>> (12345), it should jump to my voicebox menu.
>> On this page http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+background i
>> found something about "Silently Wait for DTMF Input".
>> In my case it wouldn`t be silence. It woudl just play the away
>> message.
>>
>> Now how can i include such a secret code to my background funktion? I
>> am looking for something _like_ this:
>>    exten => s,1,Background(away,12345,voicebox_35)
>>
>> If someone presses 12345 whilest the away message is playing, it jumps
>> to the voicebox_35 context.
>> Know what i mean?!
>> A quick link to the needed docu or some tips/examples would be great!
>>

> What you want is an extension 12345 in the same context as the
> extension  35 that will be used when you dial 12345 while background is
> playing the  message.
> in the 12345 extension you do the normal 'voicemailmain' with the skip
> password feature if you want to go straight there.

I hope i understood it right. Here is my config:

[working]
exten => 39,1,Answer()
exten => 39,2,Background(tt-allbusy) ; whilest this is playing i press 123
exten => 39,3,Voicemail(35)
exten => 39,4,Hangup()
exten => 123,10,VoicemailMain,s35

When i listen to "tt-allbusy", i press the keys "123" and i exspected it
to jump to "exten => 123,10,VoicemailMain,s35".Obviously, this is not the case. Why?

Here is my asterisk output:
---
...: app_dial.c:714 dial_exec: Unable to create channel of type 'SIP'
...: pbx.c:1913 ast_pbx_run: Invalid extension '1', but no rule 'i' in
context 'default'

Thanks, Mario