[Asterisk-Users] Silently Wait for DTMF Input

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 02:32:38 MST 2004

asterisk at bortal.de wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to call a number (e.g.35), and when i press a secret code
> (12345), it should jump to my voicebox menu.
> On this page http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+background i found
> something about "Silently Wait for DTMF Input".
> In my case it wouldn`t be silence. It woudl just play the away message.
>
> Now how can i include such a secret code to my background funktion?
> I am looking for something _like_ this:
>    exten => s,1,Background(away,12345,voicebox_35)
>
> If someone presses 12345 whilest the away message is playing, it jumps to
> the voicebox_35 context.
> Know what i mean?!
> A quick link to the needed docu or some tips/examples would be great!
>
> Thanks, Mario

What you want is an extension 12345 in the same context as the extension
35 that will be used when you dial 12345 while background is playing the
message.
in the 12345 extension you do the normal 'voicemailmain' with the skip
password feature if you want to go straight there.

Just have a good think about security though, before you leave your
voicemail open to every one.

Chris.