[Asterisk-Users] Unable to dial using SIP using FWD and iConnectHere

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Sep 16 11:36:01 MST 2004

Rodolfo Grave wrote:
> Hi and thanks. I added the entry in the /etc/hosts file and it is
> working now... I also had to add more parameters at the peers
> definition: authname, username
>
> Now......
>
> The problem with this solution is that my hostname and my ip changes
> everytime I reset my box (at least)... how can I solve this? Can't I
> just say asterisk to use the eth0 IP??
<snip>
> Brian Wilkins wrote:
>
>> If it's what Andrew is talking about, then add the hostname to
>> /etc/hosts.

I did a quick search and found this link:
http://www.faqs.org/docs/securing/chap9sec91.html

/etc/resolv.conf is the file I believe you should edit.

I believe that you want to add your providers domain.tld to this file so
that your dns lookups automatically looks up
<your_dhcp_name>.<providerdomain.tld> when you run a query for
<your_dhcp_name>. Even if <your_dhcp_name> changes, having the domain
suffix in /etc/resolv.conf should allow the query to complete successfully.

Hope this helps.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/