[Asterisk-Users] Unable to dial using SIP using FWD and iConnectHere

Rodolfo Grave rodolfograve at yahoo.es
Thu Sep 16 11:24:40 MST 2004

Hi and thanks. I added the entry in the /etc/hosts file and it is
working now... I also had to add more parameters at the peers
definition: authname, username

Now......

The problem with this solution is that my hostname and my ip changes
everytime I reset my box (at least)... how can I solve this? Can't I
just say asterisk to use the eth0 IP??

Thanks a lot.

RODOLFO

Brian Wilkins wrote:

>If it's what Andrew is talking about, then add the hostname to /etc/hosts.
>
>On Thursday 16 September 2004 05:27 pm, Andrew Thompson wrote:
>

>>Rodolfo Grave wrote:
>>

>>>Hi.
>>>I cant make SIP calls from asterisk.
>>>
>>>When I start asterisk, I get the following message: What does it means??
>>>Asterisk is not behind NAT or Firewall.
>>>
>>>----------------------------------
>>>[chan_sip.so] => (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP))
>>> == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip.conf': Found
>>>Sep 16 09:52:33 WARNING[16384]: chan_sip.c:8477 reload_config: Unable to
>>>get IP address for dhcp-1111-490, SIP disabled
>>>

>>What is "dhcp-1111-490"? Is that the name of your linux machine?
>>
>>Do your linux box get its IP via DHCP from your provider?
>>
>>Do a reverse lookup on your linux boxes IP and see if it comes up as
>>dhcp-1111-490.yourcarrier.tld or something like that. If so, try pinging
>>  dhcp-1111-490 and also the reverse lookup address. You may have to add
>>the yourcarrier.tld to your lookup file(can't remember the name right
>>now) so that your dns lookups automatically attempt to search for
>>dhcp-1111-490.yourcarrier.tld before they fail out as unknown.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0438-2, 16/09/2004
Tested on: 16/09/2004 20:24:42