[Asterisk-Users] Transfer and Release of a call out to PSTN

Scott Lykens slykens at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 10:40:15 MST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:41:47 -0400, Christopher Jacob
<chris at jacob-solutions.com> wrote:

> When using Asterisk with a PRI to the CO is it possible to transfer a call
> back out and release. In other words, once the call is connected (caller and
> external 3rd party) Asterisk is removed from the equation thereby freeing
> the PRI channels.
>
> I ask because my scenario is going to require frequent external transfers
> and I would like to control the PRI costs.

You're looking for a feature called "Take Back and Transfer", TBT for
short. It works by the telco always monitoring the trunks for DTMF
from your end, for example, the TBT code might be *8. You would send
*8,12125551212 down the line and the telco will pull the call back and
send it to the number specified, in this example direct service for
Manhattan.

The last time I looked into it it was a specialized service and had a
higher per minute rate than conventional termination.

sl