[Asterisk-Users] Transfer and Release of a call out to PSTN

Christopher Jacob chris at jacob-solutions.com
Thu Sep 16 09:41:47 MST 2004

Hi Again All,

When using Asterisk with a PRI to the CO is it possible to transfer a call
back out and release. In other words, once the call is connected (caller and
external 3rd party) Asterisk is removed from the equation thereby freeing
the PRI channels.

I ask because my scenario is going to require frequent external transfers
and I would like to control the PRI costs.

Could this be done using SS7? If so, does anyone know if any Asterisk SS7
development is being done?

Thanks

Chris