[Asterisk-Users] how to get caller ID

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Sep 16 08:45:21 MST 2004

vrushank wrote:
> i cannot see caller ID of the call originated from outside zap channel.
> i hv configured both zapata.conf and extensions.conf.
> i m right now in india
> i think asterisk only supports Bellcore enable caller ID.
> so is it  the same bug of BT caller ID problem in UK?
> or it is the bug of my asterisk configuration?
> i hv enabled callerID from my TELCO.

Have you monitored the console while the line is ringing to verify that
asterisk is not seeing the callerid and not paying attention to it?

PS: I'm testing a new email client, please forgive me if this message is
not in Plain Text. (And someone please let me know!)

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/