[Asterisk-Users] Re: No Caller Name sent from Asterisk over National or DMS100?

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Thu Sep 16 08:20:09 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:57:15 -0400 (EDT)
> From: David Troy <dave at popvox.com>
> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] No Caller Name sent from Asterisk over
> National or DMS100 PRI to a Norstar MICS?
> snip>
> > I have a PRI link up and running between Asterisk and a Nortel Norstar
MICS
> > v4.1 . I'm having a problem getting the textual Caller Name across the
link
> > from Ast to Ns, however numeric Caller ID arrives and displays fine.
>From Ns
> > to Ast both elements come through fine. I'm forcing dummy values for
testing
> > using:
<snip>

everyone remember that we are talking about a private connection here.  if i
read the original post here correctly the issue is between the * and the
Norstar not out to the PSTN.

i have been tying NEC's together for 15+ years with a proprietary ISDN
protocol that sends station name across the d-channel without any reverse
lookup DB.

Now that being said I am no expert on d-channel messaging so I can't really
answer the question on how/if we can pass the CALLERIDNAME across a private
d-channel connection between * and another PBX.

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com