[Asterisk-Users] E3 PCI Cards

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Thu Sep 16 08:03:48 MST 2004

>> Another promising candidate is Apple's dual G5 (PPC970) Xserve (a 1U
>> server).
>> http://www.apple.com/xserve
>> this one looks as if it might beat the price/performance ratio of a
>> high end Intel server.
>
> The Apple G5 Xserv system has a "PCI-X" interface.  Does anyone know
> what that is and will a T405P or T410P card work?
>
>> Both systems run LinuxPPC.
>
> Does anyone have * running on PPC?

Yeah, check out:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20MacOSX%20Support

Specifically for OS X.  There's a download link.  The problem still is
that no one has written ppc drivers for the Digium cards.  As I
understand, the only drivers are for GNU/Linux on i386.  You wanna
write some for the good of the BSD and PPC communities? ;-)