[Asterisk-Users] Help with E1 configuration

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu Sep 16 06:45:05 MST 2004

zaptel.conf looks good - you may require a ",crc4" at the end of the span
line, depending on your provider.  I have "loadzone=us" in mine as well.
Change appropriately for yours.

zapata.conf also looks good.  I would also add the following, before the
channel declaration:

immediate=no
pridialplan=unknown
usecallerid=yes

Setting immediate=no allows your calls to be answered and routed according
to the DID entries you make in your extensions.conf file (the "dialplan").
Setting it to yes would cause the "s" extension to be used instead.

So you need entries in the dialplan for each DID, under the context
"[default]" which you have defined in zapata.  That will take care of
inbound calls.

Outbound calls:  Since you've defined group 1 as including all channels of
your PRI, you can use the Dial command and use a "g1" instead of a specific
Zap channel, to allow asterisk to choose an available channel.

All of this is covered on the Wiki:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk

Good luck with your project!

Scott M. Stingel