[Asterisk-Users] Help with E1 configuration

HengWee Chin chinhw at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 04:23:40 MST 2004

Hi,

  I currently have a E100P card installed on my machine and the E1
subscription will be activated pretty soon. However, I have no idea how to
configure asterisk to make inbound and outbound call using the E1.
Especially for extensions.conf. Below is the configuration I used for
zaptel.conf and zapata.conf. Is it possible if someone can verify if the
configuration for zaptel and zapata is correct?

   zaptel.conf
  -----------
  span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
  bchan=1-15,17-31
  dchan=16

  zapata.conf
  -----------
   switchtype=euroisdn
   signalling=pri_cpe
   group=1
   context=default
   channel=1-15,17-31

  I have 1 block of 10 DID numbers that will be subscribed together with E1.
I am not able to find any sample for the extensions.conf to do inbound and
outbound call. Is it possible for someone could post a sample of how the
configuration would look like. Any setting missing for callerid support?

  PS: I already have an existing asterisk system running on analog ports.
This is just an upgrade.

  Thanks in advanced.

  Regards,
  Chin