[Asterisk-Users] problem connecting to icallglobe

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Thu Sep 16 05:58:34 MST 2004

Anyone has successfully used Asterisk with icallglobe's SIP termination
service? I'd been trying to get my Asterisk box to terminate
international calls through them. Asterisk seems to register OK, but
whenever I send a call to icallglobe's gateway, I always get a '403
forbidden'.

What I've done so far:
a. register with their gw in sip.conf
b. Defined a peer [icallglobe] in sip.conf
c. Set secret, username, fromuser, fromdomain etc
d. In my extension.conf, I have
    exten => _0XXX.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@icallglobe)
e. At the asterisk console, I used 'sip show registry' to make sure the
status is 'registered'

When I make a call, * will send an INVITE to icallglobe's gateway but it
always gets back a '403 Forbidden'. For example, if I dial '0651711' on
my phone, I can see * dialing '651711@<icallglobe gw IP>'. After a
while, * complains about getting '403...' from <icallglobe gw IP>.

Did I missed the obvious?

Cheers and TIA.
Leo