[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice BYOD Plans - 3-way and Call Waiting

Ryan Wilkins ryan at deadfrog.net
Thu Sep 16 05:07:23 MST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Ben Wern wrote:

> I've already run into some trouble with Broadvoice. Broadvoice support tells
> me that support isn't really available to BYOD plans, which I suppose I
> understand given the variety of devices out there. I'm hoping that someone on
> Asterisk-Users has seen the two issues I'm running into and has a suggestion.

They don't officially support Asterisk, but when I've called for support
the gentleman asked if I was running Asterisk and then gave me some ideas
as to what the problem that I was experiencing was related to.

> The first issue I'm seeing is that incoming caller id shows the number as "out
> of area" and the name shows as "147.135.8.129;bvoice" I don't have this
> problem with other incoming SIP providers -- is there some tweak I need to
> make Asterisk see CID information from Broadvoice?

I've not seen this.  While I've not connected up a CID capable phone to my
phone adapter, the Asterisk debug output clearly shows the proper CID name
and CID number when a call comes in.  I'm running Asterisk 1.0_RC2 with a
Sipura SPA-2000 as my analog phone adapter.

Ryan Wilkins