[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice BYOD Plans - 3-way and Call Waiting

Ben Wern bmwl at enmesh.net
Wed Sep 15 22:21:38 MST 2004

I've already run into some trouble with Broadvoice. Broadvoice support tells
me that support isn't really available to BYOD plans, which I suppose I
understand given the variety of devices out there. I'm hoping that someone on
Asterisk-Users has seen the two issues I'm running into and has a suggestion.

The first issue I'm seeing is that incoming caller id shows the number as "out
of area" and the name shows as "147.135.8.129;bvoice" I don't have this
problem with other incoming SIP providers -- is there some tweak I need to
make Asterisk see CID information from Broadvoice?

The other issue is that call waiting does not appear to work. The way I'm
expecting it to work with Asterisk is to send the second call to me - I'm
using SetGroup and CheckGroup within Asterisk to limit my calls to two at a
time total. However, if I'm on a phone call (incoming or outgoing), Broadvoice
transfers a second call to a "person you are calling is busy" message -- I
don't see any additional SIP traffic to the Asterisk box.

Ben Wern